POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media absorption problem : Re: Media absorption problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media absorption problem
From: Jim Charter
Date: 5 Feb 2006 20:26:09
Message: <43e6a5b1$1@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote:

Yes, not knowing what the object actually was I followed your lead Bob
and tried using stacked boxes with coincident surfaces and reproduced
artifacting similar to in his original example.  The max_trace_level had
been set to 100, a setting I use in all my scenes by default.  But when
I removed coincident surfaces as you'd suggested, it removed the problem.